FLOWER BASKET MAINTENANCE & WATERING PROGRAM
INVITATION TO BID
The City of Tillamook is requesting bids from interested persons for specific services relating to care and maintenance of approximately 86 flower baskets, four stationary planters at City Hall and Transit Center, Sue H. Elmore Park planter feature, and 60 stationary downtown planters; from June through August in 2017 and 2018. This is an invitation to bid on the Watering and Maintenance for a period of two consecutive years.
FLOWER BASKET WATERING AND MAINTENANCE SCOPE
Successful bidder will be responsible for:
- Pick up of flowering baskets from providing nursery/contractor;
- Placement and removal of 86 hanging flower baskets;
- Watering, fertilizing and dead-heading the following: 86 hanging flower baskets, four stationary planters including in front of City Hall and the Transit Center, the planter feature at Sue H. Elmore Park on Front Street; and 60 stationary planters throughout the downtown core;
- Supplying all equipment, fertilizer and water; and
- Cleaning the baskets at the season’s end (return all baskets and liners to City Shop).
Watering services to be rendered from mid-June through the month of August, hanging baskets to be removed by the conclusion of Labor Day Weekend (September 4, 2017; September 3, 2018) to allow for ODOT project mobilization.
BID REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Please provide the City of Tillamook with a description of the watering and maintenance you plan to provide as well as a proposed cost for each season. Proposed cost shall be provided in two amounts: 1.) Watering and maintenance of full scope above. 2.) Watering and maintenance of only hanging flower baskets, four stationary planters, and feature at Sue H. Elmore Park.
Must provide proof of liability insurance naming the City of Tillamook as co-insured.
Submit bids no later than February 10, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. to:
City of Tillamook
Attn: Abigail Donowho
210 Laurel Ave.
Tillamook, OR 97141
Bids will be discussed by the City Council at their Tuesday, February 21, 2017 regular meeting. Successful bidders will be notified by Thursday, February 23, 2017.
For questions, call Abigail Donowho, City Recorder, at (503) 842-3450.